Last updated: 16/07/2019
Who we are
Betshoot (Our website address is: https://www.betshoot.com/) is an online service of Scorpion Web Services, a company which is registered in Greece with company registration number 90550. When we refer to “we”, “us”, or “betshoot” we are referring to this company.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. By using our services you indicate that you agree to the following Terms & Conditions of Use. You may not use our service if you are not complying with any relevant laws and regulations that apply in your region.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect information from you when you register on our site, or fill out a form. When registering or commenting on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
The personal information we collect from you include:
– Information about the device you use to browse our website.
– Your IP address.
– Information you submit when you apply for a tipster account on our site (such as your username, email address & country of residence).
– Any information you provide to us if you fill out a form or contact us.
– Any information you provide to us if you enter our tipster competition including, if requested, your Skrill email address, which is required by us in order to make payments to you if you win the competition. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to provide you with the prize.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
– To personalize your browsing experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs. For example we will display content or targeted advertising which will be more relevant to you.
– To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
– The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
– To make payments to you if you win our tipster competition.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
If you enter our competition and any prize is being provided by a third party, we may disclose the information you submit when you enter the competition to that third party, so they will be able to provide you with the prize.
We do not share, sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties (except the competition sponsors), your personally identifiable information.
Legal data protection requirements
We regard the lawful and correct treatment of your personal information by us as very important to our successful operation, and to maintaining confidence between us and our users. We ensure that our organisation treats personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to the ‘Data Protection Principles’ set out in the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998.
- we will only collect sufficient personal information for the uses set out above;
- we will endeavour to keep your personal information up-to-date;
- we will not retain your personal information longer than necessary unless required to do so by law;
- we will not transfer your personal information to a country outside the European Economic Area unless safeguards are in place to protect your personal information to the standards that apply within the EEA including via standard contractual clauses and Privacy Shield or where the transfer is necessary to administer a competition you have entered via our service (for example, it is sometimes necessary to send your username to a bookmaker outside the EEA if you enter a competition administered by that bookmaker).
Cookies are small files that websites save to your hard disk or to your browser’s memory. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of our site or other websites that you visit. To learn more about cookies and how to disable them we recommend you visit the Information Commissioner’s website here.
By using our service you consent to us using the following cookies:
- Wordpress cookies for login/register/commenting purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Google Analytics cookies for tracking purposes (_ga, _gat, _gid).
- Cloudflare cookie (cfduid) for optimising the website's security.
- PHPSESSID, login_name, email, password cookies. Their purpose is to keep track of your sessions, so you will not have to enter your login details every time you make a comment or publishing an article.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Contact form entries are retained for 6 months, Google Analytics records for 50 months.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- obtain access to your personal information.
- prevent processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress.
- receive information about us and the purposes for which we process your personal data.
- ask us to correct any errors or delete the information we hold.
We take many precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
- Use of SSL encryption for sensitive data.
- Hardware stored in secured data centres behind firewalls.
- All access to information restricted by password and/or secure key.
Whilst we take great care to ensure any confidential information remains protected we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
Of course you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. Nobody at Betshoot will ever ask you for your password, so please don’t trust anybody asking you for it.
Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older. We do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age.
Links to other websites
Our site may contain links to other websites. While we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites.