Draw No Bet - What does it mean
Let's look to an example to understand this definition better:
Let's say that Real Madrid is playing against Barcelona, and you think that Barcelona may win. Yet, you feel that this will be a difficult task, so, a draw is also possible. You can bet on Barcelona for a Draw No Bet (2 DNB).
If Barcelona win the game, your bet is a winning one. If the game result is a draw, you're getting back the money you've placed for this bet. In case that Real Madrid won the match, you lose your bet.
Draw No Bet Alternatives
If you want to play Draw No Bet and your bookmaker is not offering that type of bet, you can bet with alternative ways.
1. Covering the draw: Play the amount you want on home or away win. Then, an extra bet on the draw of the same amount divided by the odds of the draw.
Available amount: 25 EUR
Match Odds: 1 (8.00) X (4.00) 2 (1.30)
Your estimated prediction: 1X
Divide your amount (25 EUR) with the odds of the draw (4.00) (25 : 4.00 = 6,25 EUR).
So, you should bet 6,25 EUR on X, and the rest (18,75 EUR) on 1.
In case of draw, you're getting back all your money (25 EUR), exactly as would happen with Draw No Bet. If the result is 1, you'll get 18,75 x 8.00 = 150 EUR.
2. Asian Handicap 0: Another alternative way to place a dnb bet if it's not available from your bookmaker. Select an Asian Handicap (AH 0) bet οn the team you think has the best chances to win.
The odds that bookmakers offer on Draw no bet kind of bets are slightly lower, but this is reasonable. Odds are being calculated in a way that allow bookmakers to hold some profit from the money you bet on X for cover.
In a match with odds 2.40 – 4.00 – 2.40, dnb odds would be like 1.80 - Stake returned - 1.80.
Below you can see a comparison of the odds provided by these bookmakers on a particular match.
When to use & tips
- When you want to stake on an outsider. With this way the value is still there.
- Where you think the draw is quite possible. In this way you will reduce the risk of losing.
- If you believe to a big favorite and the favorite is losing in-play.
Draw no bet is a good way for punters to protect themselves. Especially for those who have patience and want a safer kind of bet or use it like a strategy. Many matches ending in a draw, aren't they?