Both teams to score tips
"Both teams to score" is a popular football betting market that is related to the probability of both teams scoring in a match. See below our both teams to score tips for today:
Players have two choices. Yes, or No. If you choose YES, both teams must score a goal during the regular time to win your bet. If you choose NO, your bet will be won only if one or none of the teams will score.
When to choose a BTTS bet
An important factor affecting this bet is the teams form. The results for the host team and the results for the visiting team.
To win more both teams to score predictions, select matches in which the teams:
- Are playing offensive football.
- Are scoring goals with ease.
- Are accepting goals no matter where they play.
- Are confirming often the over 2.5 goal market.
Screenshot from Flashscore.com. Ideal situation. Clyde scores to all home games. They accept goals too.
Further conditions that will increase the chances to win with BTTS tips are:
- Significant absences in both defenses.
- No significant absences in both attacking lines.
- A second leg match where the away team has to score and win in order to qualify.
- The field and the weather are in good condition.
- The time that the match kicks off. Early kick-offs can be dull for players.
- Head-to-head stats between the teams.
Alternative Goal Markets
If you seek to win more money with small stakes, try the following alternative markets:
- Both teams to score and win
In this case, you have to predict which team will win the game too. Most bookmakers refer to this market as 'Result / Both teams to score'.
Odds Example of the Premier League game Arsenal vs Liverpool - BTTS and win market:
Arsenal & Yes @5.50
Liverpool & Yes @4.50
Of course, this market has many risks involved. But the odds are higher and it can bring you more profits if you use it with patience.
Let's say that you believe to a big team to win a game. You believe that they will receive at least a goal too. This market can boost your winnings.
If used as a double (two matches accumulator), the total odds will be great. You can win a good amount with a small stake.
Seek for teams with weak defenses and strong attackers. In particular, if they play away and look like the favorite according to odds.
- Both teams to score and over 2.5 goals
In this certain market, you need both teams to achieve at least a goal and at least three goals in the game. Scores like 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 3-1, 1-3, 3-2, 2-3, 3-3 etc, are the winners. In most cases, you need a goal fest game.
Odds Example: Manchester City vs Tottenham
Over 2.5 & Yes @2.20
Over 2.5 & No @8.00
Again the odds are higher than the simple option. But in most cases, are lower than the Result / BTTS option.
- Result / Total Goals
This isn't the same as the first alternative market described above. You need to predict the winner and the number of goals.
Odds Example: Man Utd vs Newcastle
Man Utd & Over 2.5 @3.75
Newcastle & over 2.5 @11.00
You may find more similar markets like 'Both teams to score in both halves'.
Best leagues to watch out for BTTS
- Saudi Arabia Premier
- Canada Soccer League
- Germany Oberliga (all subdivisions)
- Scotland League One
- Scotland League Two
- Denmark 2nd division (all groups)
- Netherlands Eredivisie
- Netherlands Eerste Divisie
- Iceland Urvalsdeild
- Turkey Super Lig
- In the big five European leagues over the last five years, many goals scored. 52% of matches saw both teams score at least one goal.
- Only 26% of Bayern Munich matches in the 2014/15 season finished with BTTS.
- 79% of Hoffenheim matches in the 2013/14 season finished with BTTS.
- Everton had the longest run with goals from both sides in the Premier League. With 16 games in the 2012/13 season!
- Iceland Urvalsdeild is the league with the most goals in 2015. 60 out of 94 matches finished with BTTS (63.83%).