Both teams to score tips
This is among the most popular football betting options. This particular market refers to the chance of both teams score in a match. It's well recognized as 'BTTS'.
Both teams to score tips
- No active btts tips at the moment.
If you choose YES, you need at least one goal for each team to win your bet. If you choose NO, you only need one or none of the teams to score.
This market is offered by all online bookmakers these days.
Smart tips for choosing BTTS bet
A major factor that affects this bet is the form of teams. Home results for the home team - away results for the away team.
Absences of key players from each team affect too. Likewise the emphasis on defense and attack of each team. Think of the weather, field condition and head to head history between the teams.
To increase your chances of winning BTTS tips, select matches in which the teams:
- Are usually playing offensive football.
- They score with ease.
- They receive goals no matter where they play, at home or away.
- They confirm frequent the over 2.5 or over 3.5 market.
- The away team is the 'big' name, home team is the outsider.
Screenshot from Flashscore.com. Ideal situation. Clyde scores to all home games. They receive goals too.
Further conditions that will increase your chances are:
- Significant absences in both defenses (ideally missing main keeper).
- No significant absences in both attacking lines.
- A replay match and the away team has to score and win to qualify.
- The field and the weather are in good condition.
- The time the match kicks off. Early kick-offs can be dull for players.
Alternative Goal Markets
Both teams to score and win
If you seek to win more money with smaller stakes, try alternative markets. 'Both teams to score and win' or 'BTTS and win'.
In this case, you have to predict which team will win the game too. Most bookmakers refer to this football betting market as 'Result / Both teams to score'.
Odds Example of the Premier League game: Arsenal vs Liverpool
Arsenal & Yes @5.50
Liverpool & Yes @4.50
Of course, this market has many risks involved. But it can bring you more profits if you use it correctly and with patience.
The odds are higher, as you bet on an accumulator. If you think that both teams to score odds are low, seek for both teams to score and win tips.
Let's say that you believe to a big team to win a game. You believe that they will receive at least a goal too. This market can boost your winnings.
If used as a double (two matches accumulator), the total odds will be great. You can win a good amount with a small stake.
Statistics are again your guidance. Head to head stats may help you to find a team that will win with both teams scoring.
Seek for teams with weak defenses and strong attackers. In particular, if they play away and look like favorite according to odds.
The disadvantage of this market is that the cash out feature isn't offered.
Both teams to score and over 2.5 goals
In this certain market, you need both teams to achieve at least a goal and at least three goals in the game. Scores like 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 3-1, 1-3, 3-2, 2-3, 3-3 etc, are the winners. In most cases, you need a goal fest game.
Odds Example: Manchester City vs Tottenham
Over 2.5 & Yes @2.20
Over 2.5 & No @8.00
Again the odds are higher than the simple BTTS option. But in most cases, are lower than the Result / BTTS option.
Result / Total Goals
This isn't the same as the first alternative market described above. You need to predict the winner and the number of goals.
Odds Example: Man Utd vs Newcastle
Man Utd & Over 2.5 @3.75
Newcastle & over 2.5 @11.00
You may find more similar markets like both teams to score in both halves.
Leagues to watch out for
- Saudi Arabia Premier
- Canada Soccer League
- Germany Oberliga (all subdivisions)
- Scotland League One
- Scotland League Two
- Denmark 2nd division (all groups)
- Netherlands Eredivisie
- Netherlands Eerste Divisie
- Iceland Urvalsdeild
- Turkey Super Lig
- In the big five European leagues over the last five years, many goals scored. 52% of matches saw both teams score at least one goal.
- Only 26% of Bayern Munich matches in the 2014/15 season finished with BTTS.
- 79% of Hoffenheim matches in the 2013/14 season finished with BTTS.
- Everton had the longest run with goals from both sides in the Premier League. With 16 games in the 2012/13 season!
- Iceland Urvalsdeild is the league with the most goals in 2015. 60 out of 94 matches finished with BTTS (63.83%).
Many of our users recommend both teams to score bets every day. Don't forget to check our homepage for both teams to score tips.