What is Draw No Bet
"Draw No Bet" is a betting market offered by many online bookmakers. In this market, the draw result returns the full stake back to the players. In general, a safer bet for punters.
Let's look at an example to understand this betting market better.
Let's say that Barcelona plays against Real Madrid. You think that Barcelona may win the game. At the same time, you feel that this will be a difficult task. So, a draw is possible. You can bet on Barcelona for a "Draw No Bet" (1 DNB).
- If Barcelona wins the game, your bet is a winning one.
- If the game result is a draw, you're getting back the stake you've placed for this bet.
- In case that Real Madrid won the match, you lose your bet.
The odds offer on "Draw No Bet" markets are lower, but this is reasonable. Odds calculated to hold profit from the stake you bet on X for cover.
In a match with odds 2.40 – 4.00 – 2.40, "Draw No Bet" odds would be like 1.80 - Stake returned - 1.80.
When to use DNB
- When you want to stake on an outsider. In this way, the value is still there.
- Where you think the draw is quite possible. In this way, you will reduce the risk of losing.
- If you believe to a big favourite and the favourite is losing in-play.
Draw No Bet Alternatives
If your bookmaker isn't offering that type of bet, you can bet on alternative ways.
1. Betting on draw
Play the amount you want at home or away win. Then, an extra bet on the draw of the same amount divided by the draw odds.
Available amount: 25 EUR
Match Odds: 1 (8.00) X (4.00) 2 (1.30)
Your guess: 1X
Divide your amount (25 EUR) with the odds for the draw (4.00) (25: 4.00 = 6,25 EUR).
So, you should bet 6,25 EUR on X and the rest (18,75 EUR) on 1.
In case of a draw, you're getting back all stakes (25 EUR). Same as would happen with "Draw No Bet". If the result is 1, you'll get 18,75 x 8.00 = 150 EUR.
2. Asian Handicap 0
Another alternative way to place a DNB bet if it isn't available. Select an Asian Handicap (AH 0) bet οn the team you think has the best chances to win.
"Draw No Bet" is a good way for the players to protect themselves. Especially for those who have patience and want a safer kind of bet or use it as a betting strategy. Many matches ending in a draw, aren't they?