Netherlands vs Outright by Topspin77
Netherlands can win the Fifa World Cup 2014 and as the odds are ridiculous for me I decided to invest some money in the outright, in an equal proportion to the odds between these 3 sides: Germany, Argentina and Netherlands.
I will talk about the main favorites first.
Brazil is still a young side, in development and are far from that experience of the players that can push them in such a position. Playing home is not always an advantage and the pressure will be huge on them.
Argentina have some good chances, I'd say bigger than Brazil's as they are a team that loves to be hatred, here have such treatment, they got great results in Italy 1990 and have a great quality side. Is Messi gonna be different than in the last 2-3 months at Barcelona? Big question ...
Germany is a team with experience, a team with a system of playing, but playing in South America might be something that they will not gonna like too much. They have some used players and that might be felt in the results.
Spain, most of the players are from Barcelona and we all know how Barcelona played. These guys have won everything and that might be a factor of not performing as they did before!
Netherlands has for me 6 reasons for getting the win:
1. Louis van Gaal is a very experienced manager and he just accepted an offer from Manchester United. He will give his best to get the best from his players.
2. There are phenomenal players inside the Netherlands team such as Arjen Robben, Robin van Persie, Dirk Kuyt, Wesley Sneijder, Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Nigel de Jong and Rafael van der Vaart, players that are playing in their final tourney. Together with the likes of Blind, de Guzman, Promes, Lens and Wijnaldum they are forming a very good mix of quality and experience.
3. The team has two bad memories: the Euro 2012 and the 0-1 final loss with Spain in 2010. They are surely gonna be looking to repair that image. First occasion: Spain in the same group!
4. Holland lost three WC finals, they have done it well in every continent they have played, went for final phases, is in their nature to play great football and have good results.
5. The fans are always there and are gonna be in a huge number here too.
6. Holland is going unbeaten for 19 games in last 20 matches which is showing their strength. The defeat came in a friendly with France.
I see the odds clearly huge and I get them with confidence!
|Netherlands to win the World Cup 2014||Bet365||34.00||1||Semifinalist LOST (-1 units)|
* Odds as of post published time and are subject to change.