Saint Etienne vs Montpellier by Obertino
After the victory over Metz 3:1 last weekend, "green" equaled on points with Marcelie and Nantes, and only PSG with Monaco are above! On their field St Etienne has not lost since the beginning of the season (3 victories, two draws). The game of Saint Etienne still lacks the brightness, style, internal strength inherent in strong contenders for European competition, but the team's tournament position makes it reckon with it, it's a fact.
Montpellier, as usual, wipes off in the middle of the table, and the team of Zakaryan has just started to rise from its lower part. A series of four matches without defeats (two wins, two draws) with one missed goal only at first glance looks ordinary. In fact, the Langelos, having warmed up with "Troyes" 1:0, managed to take points from PSG and Monaco, and also a victory over Nice 2:0!
Michel found an effective recipe, because "accidentally" three times in a row does not happen - this is already a habit! Usually the team of Ero became a victim of Saint-Etienne, which won more than half of the championship matches for the "palladins", and lost at home only once. But this time the trend has every reason to be broken.
In particular, the "greens" have serious personnel disorders. Captain Loic Perrin and two other defenders Pierre-Gabriel and Flo Pogba did not have time to recover for the match. Moreover, Brian Dabo did not start training after meeting with Metz. With the defenders sorted out lets look at the forwards. Here the bosses of "Saint-Etienne" have already weathered their series with their own clumsy movements. The author of four goals and an effective pass in eight games, Jonathan Bamba was exiled to the reserve!
For the guest there is only one fresh miss - Jerome Roussillon who is injured and will miss in deffence for the team.
Now some facts that matter much or less:
* Saint-Etienne" won against Montpellier 60.5% of the matches in League 1 (23/38), its best record against the elite teams that they played more than five times
* Saint-Etienne" has won against "Montpellier" eight of the last nine matches of the League 1
* Montpellier" failed to score "Saint-Etienne" in his field in 12 of 19 league 1 matches.
* Montpellier" lost only two of the last seven matches of League 1 (2 wins, 3 draws) and there are four games without defeat (2 wins, 2 draws)
* Montpellier" scored exactly one goal in each of the last three away League 1 after not having scored a single in the previous four.
I think the victory of Montpellier over Saint Etienne is too presumptuous after so many years of disappointment, but the draw is verry possible.
Play now US Players are welcome
|draw||Bet365||3.25||8||0-1 LOST (-8 units)|
* Odds as of post published time and are subject to change.