Partizan vs Videoton
- Partizan is trying to reach its 10th group stage last 15 years, Videoton is looking for its first.
- The game will be held behind the closed doors due to UEFA suspension. UEFA closed Partizan stadium for two games plus financial penalty of 130 K. It will be interested to see who will adopt better on such circumstances.
- Partizan will start with new (old) goal keeper in this game. It is Vladimir Stojkovic who just arrived (was in Partizan from 2010 to 2014). Practical with one training he will get a chance to start.
- Partizan won last season domestic league as well domestic cup. One of the most credited for such success was head coach Marko Nikolic. It is a guy I do not like something too much, but like it or not, everyone must agree he was one of best that worked in Serbia in last decade or so. What is interesting here is that Nikolic is now on Videoton bench so, against his former team.
- Beside coach Nikolic, Videoton has in its ranks two more former Partizan members. Those are strikers, Marko Scepovic and Danko Lazovic. Again very interesting to see how these two will deal with competing against former team.
Initial odds for this match were way off. Partizan was 1.50 favorite. It was way too low, we have had great value on Videoton back then. If nothing else, empty stands and Nikolic knowing perfectly this Partizan squad, should be factors to we see more tied match than odds 1.50 suggests. Of course, sharp bettors recognized this and moved the line way in direction of Videoton. They moved it I would say too much. Now we have almost 50-50 which again I'm not so sure is the right line. I would say bet on Partizan now is the right choice. But I will skip option match winner and will try with option: Both to score? No.
So, I do not see both teams scoring in this game. This could be 1-0 win for either side or even 0-0. But if I need to chose, my expectation is that Videoton wont score. Why? I know Nikolic very well from Serbian league, I mean when he was also in other clubs not just Partizan. And I am quite sure he will play here one much defensive oriented game. Those two mentioned former Partizan and now Videoton strikers, Lazovic and Scepovic, probably only the first one will start. I saw them both playing in this season. Believe me, it does not look good. IMO Videoton has much better defensive part of the team then attacking.
There is factor of weak Partizan defense and many rookie mistakes early in the season. But I have feeling this is over now and we wont see it, at least not in this game. Kljajic the goalkeeper is out, Stojkovic arrived and he is a goalkeeper of Serbian national team. Another weak link beside goalkeeper in Partizan defense was Cirkovic. He in the meantime also lost its place in starting 11. I think Partizan defense will look better now.
Play now US Players are welcome
|BTS? No||BetVictor||1.95||8||0-0 WON (+7.6 units)|