Nadal vs Fognini by Khum
Rafael Nadal vs. Fabio Fognini
Fabulous Fabio seems to play tennis in 2015 only for puting himself in position to beat Rafa Nadal. Hehas 3 wins already over the spanish legend, but here he is again aiming for more.
Nadal is at his worst season from his breakthrough in 2005, having 16 defeats already. His gameplay simply loses track with the nowdays tennis and despite his hard work ethic he cannot keep up with the times as he proves himself unable to take the ball earlier. This particular detail makes him so vulnerable in front of this kind of top shotmakers like Fognini, which need time to settle for their shots an get all the time they need from the spaniard.
So if we look over the road these two have passed in this tournament, we'll see for Nadal:
- a 6-4, 6-4 with a Wu Di which would never take more than 2 or 3 games from a Rafa full of confidence;
- a 7-6, 6-4 against a Vasek Pospisil that really went toe to toe with the king of clay;
- a 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 against Jack Sock which proves exactly what I've said before: the players who need time to settle big shots do have it against Rafa.
- 6-2, 6-1 against Klizan;
- 6-2, 2-6, 6-2 against Goffin;
- 6-1, 2-6, 6-2 against Cuevas.
These matyches tell me that Nadal is far from his best and Fognini, one of the most moody players in ATP, is in shotmaking mode this week.
So I think we'll have once again a match where Nadal will try to follow his patterns but at some point he won't be able anymore to keep up with the italian's winners making machine.
Let's go green!
Play now US Players are welcome
|Fabio Fognini to win 2:1||Unibet||5.25||5||2-0 LOST (-5 units)|