Other vs Other
Golf fans will remember this tournament from last year due to Rory McIlroy's stunning come from behind win, shooting a 61 on the final day to fly out of the pack and take the title.
There won't be any such performance from McIlroy this time round as, unfortunately, the likeable Northern Irishman didn't make the cut - however... there is still an opportunity from a player a few strokes back to get into the mix.
With these picks I'm ruling out current leader Jonathan Byrd (perhaps not wise due to the 12 months he's had) but we're looking for a bit of value in the betting and it can be found not too far from the top of the leaderboard. We have British Open Champion Stewart Cink and US Open Champ Lucas Glover only three strokes off the lead. At 8/1 I fancy one of those pair to go very close (the way Cink has been playing, he'd be my main pick).
For a bit of bigger price fun we only look one stroke further back and find Kevin Na, the up and down, hot and (very) cold, Korea-born American at 16/1. Having watched Na play this season it is apparent he certainly has the skills required to win on the tour this season, he's come very close already, but perhaps lacks the mental toughness to see it through. I'm hoping with a bit of luck he will find himself pushing his way into the fight for the championship and he certainly represents good value.
Stewart Cink to win
1pt @ 9.0 with Bet365
Lucas Glover to win
1pt @ 9.0 with Bet 365
Kevin Na to win
1pt @ 17.0 with Boylesports
This is a bet which is a good-value bet, with only a very small stake on each competitor and is by no means a guarantee of a return but, as they say, you have to speculate to accumulate.
Back my Formula 1 and Scottish Football bets today and over the three of them I'm fairly sure we'll have a positive return.
- Pick Cink/Glover/Na To Win
- Odds 3.67
- Bookmaker Bet365
- Match Date 8 May
- Match Result Glover WON (Jamesington won 8.01 units from this pick)
- Picks Won : 85
- Picks Pushed : 8
- Picks Lost : 109
- Total Profit: -87.67 Units
- This Month: + 0 Units
- Active picks: 0
Latest betting tips from Jamesington
- 16.06 Mexico - Italy 1337 6 Confederations Cup 3.20
- 15.06 Guatemala - Argentina 1923 9 International Friendlies 3.10
- 07.06 Portugal - Russia 2214 8 WC 2014 Qual. Europe 2.20
- 07.06 Lithuania - Greece 1729 4 WC 2014 Qual. Europe 3.60
- 07.06 Republic of Ireland - Faroe Islands 1652 10 WC 2014 Qual. Europe 2.70
- 07.06 Croatia - Scotland 2694 9 WC 2014 Qual. Europe 2.10
- 02.06 Barcelona B - Villarreal 855 5 Spain Segunda 2.21
- 02.06 Las Palmas - Numancia 784 6 Spain Segunda 4.60
- 31.05 Osters - Goteborg IFK 1827 10 Sweden Allsvenskan 2.10
- 31.05 Bordeaux - Evian 2811 9 French League Cup 2.05
- 30.05 CSMS Iasi - Vaslui FC 1010 4 Romania Liga I 3.40
- 30.05 Norrkoping - AIK 1328 10 Sweden Allsvenskan 1.73
- 30.05 Djurgardens - Kalmar FF 1284 8 Sweden Allsvenskan 2.45
- 29.05 Ecuador - Germany 2747 9 International Friendlies 1.45
- 28.05 Steaua - Brasov 1929 9 Romania Liga I 2.80
Online bookmakers reviews
12:30 - Football Lokomotiv Moscow - Krylia Sovetov
15:00 - Football Rostov - Kuban Krasnodar
17:00 - Football Widzew Lodz - Lech Poznan
17:15 - Football FK Teplice - Slavia Prague
17:30 - Football St Polten - SV Horn
18:00 - Football Midtjylland - Sonderjyske
18:45 - Football Winterthur - FC Schaffhausen
19:00 - Football Osasuna - Malaga